Biodol Therapeutics made a breakthrough discovery on the origin and maintenance of NP.
Biodol Therapeutics specifically demonstrated that FLT3 is necessary and sufficient to generate experimental NP in animals. Most importantly, Biodol Therapeutics showed that inhibiting FLT3 reduces allodynia, pain hypersensitivity and spontaneous pain, the three main symptoms of NP, without affecting normal nervous system functioning (Nature Communications 2018
). Moreover, recent discoveries by Biodol Therapeutics' academic partnership (Cyril Rivat - Jean Valmier at the INSERM Institute of Neuroscience of Montpellier) and Biodol Therapeutics extend the scope of indications to those amenable to treatment with opioids, which could be improved (morphine-dose sparing). This latter advance significantly expands the targeted market, especially in the US, which is fighting the Opioid Crisis. Biodol Therapeutics owns the exclusive rights on a portfolio of 4 patents including an international one claiming the use of any FLT3 inhibitor to treat NP, granted in the United States and Europe, composition-of-matter patent and one protecting the use of any FLT3 inhibitor in combination with opioids.
Biodol Therapeutics operates preclinical development of innovative and proprietary FLT3 inhibitors (BDT compounds).
Biodol Therapeutics has already identified lead compounds which target the extracellular domain of receptor and are active in vivo to reduce NP symptoms.
Biodol Therapeutics has significant differentiating factors, which makes it a unique opportunity for investment and partnership:
• Breakthrough in the physiopathology of chronic NP: identification of FLT3 as a key controller
• Strong IP position
• Treatment specific to NP, with clear competitive advantages compared to existing treatments
• Potential to cover most chronic pain indications, through newly discovered interactions with opioids
• No direct competition and limited competition from compounds acting through other targets
• World total market for the targeted indications estimated to be US$23 billion per year
• Strong, well experienced and dedicated team.